7/5/11

4th of July Fireworks - 2011

On the 4th of July, I was at a friend's roof top cook-out in the West Village (West 14th & 7th to be exact), waiting for the Macy's fireworks show to begin over the Hudson.

This was going to be my 4th time seeing the Macy's fireworks. I had always braved the crowds along the FDR Drive, by the East River, or along Chelsea Piers and the West Side Highway, overlooking the Hudson River.

This year I planned to do something low key and luckily I had the chance to view the show from the comfort of a roof top with snacks, drinks and good friends!

So here's how the night went...

The sky turned a bright orange
United States flag

Night was falling
Purple sky

I had a cupcake
Cupcake flag

They started!
Fireworks - cloudy

My friends got out a blanket
Fireworks - friends

There were reds!
Fireworks - red

And golds!
Fireworks - gold

And then I stopped taking pics just in time to actually SEE the finale, out from behind the camera lens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

follow @NYCphotos on twitter!